Friday, April 1, 2011

Dossier Sent Off!!

Well it's done.  Our dossier has been mailed off to Holt in Eugene, Oregon.  My heart was racing as I was putting the folder into the envelope at the UPS store.  I was very nervous to seal it up and hand it over to the clerk.  Our life was in that little folder.  So much private information, so much money invested, so much time. When she asked me if I wanted to insure the package I asked how much could be insured, she said the first $100 was free and so much for each $100 after that.  I said nothing but simply showed her the check for the dossier fee, she said "Oh".  I mentioned that my heart was racing because of how important that moment was and she said "mine is too after seeing that check!". :P  If she only knew...

I asked her to take a picture of me holding the envelope and the picture turned out great but for some reason it ended up getting scrambled.  At first it just had a gray block over it, you can at least see my hand holding an envelope in a UPS store :)
The weird thing is, when the little window came up for me to choose a picture to upload, the whole actual picture was showing! It's so aggravating! I'm not giving up hope for my picture! You can see it when you rotate it.  I started rotating it a lot and got it even more screwed up. Before you could at least see it on my camera still but now it just looks like this...
And again, you could see the picture just fine when you click it to upload it. Can anyone help me??

After the dossier is processed by both Holt and the Ethiopian government then we will be on the waiting list.  This is where we sit and wait fund raise like crazy so that when we get that call we are ready to say YES!! We will not say no just because we don't have the money.  God will provide.  He's taken us this far. 

Since I didn't have any actual photos to share with you on this blog, how about one of my darling niece Brooklyn lovin' some Ethiopian food...

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys!!!!!! I wish I could be close to you during all of this. I cannot WAIT to see pictures of you holding your babies.

    ReplyDelete