Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Home Study Mailed Off!

Ok so I know it's been forever since I've posted anything on here and it seems like it's been forever since we actually mailed off our home study but I need to blog on here!  We mailed off all of our paperwork along with a big fat check of $2,500 on August 17th.  It was thrilling to finally be mailing that off. Thrilling and exciting and then nothing....

Usually our contact at the agency will notify us whenever anything happens but I guess she was on vacation.  I tracked the package, it got there the next day....a week later the check was cashed, still no word from her...grrrrrr.  I knew we still needed one more reference letter to be turned in so I made sure it got done.  I called our contact and asked for the contact info for our actual case worker for our home study. 

I really am frustrated that it's taking sooooooo long to get anything done.  First it was us raising the money, now it's trying to get the visits scheduled.  We have to take these classes that the agency sets up and they're having some the first weekend in October. Finally! The last ones they told us about were a mere two days after they received our application and we had something going on already. That was....April? May?  From the way they described it, there are five separate sessions and it looks like there are only four that weekend in October.  We have to take the first two before the home study is complete and the last three before we bring our kids home.  SO that means we have to get them all done by Thanksgiving.  After Thanksgiving, Chris goes off to training, then block leave then deployment not long after that.  

I emailed our case worker and expressed the urgency needed to get these home visits started.  I also asked why there needed to be three separate visits when apparently everything else has to be done before we can even have the first one! I said the only thing that could happen is my husband going "over there".  I hope she caught my slight annoyance with the situation. 

I've been SO busy lately.  I got a little job working the aftercare at the preschool at church. Only two hours a day, super easy.....until you add subbing to the mix!  I've subbed in the three year old room seven days so far, and again tomorrow.  The first time and tomorrow I go in an hour or two later but five days in a row of 8-3:30 in the three yr old room 3:30-5:30 with three and four year old starting with about 27 and dwindling down to none.  And on Wednesdays I don't even get home until after 8pm because I help with the kids musical from 6-8! OY!!! At least I'm getting paid decently ;)
There are  some well behaved kids that make it worth it though....



This little guy loves to cross his eyes for you. 

Ok well it's waaay past my bedtime. I'd love to tell ya'll some more but I gotta get to bed so I can nurture little minds in the morning. ;)



2 comments:

  1. I was just over here at your blog the other day to see if you'd posted anything new. So glad I saw this one.
    I will say a prayer that things start happening quickly!!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew!! So much to do in so little time!! I am praying for miracles!! Love you both! Mom

    ReplyDelete